WOW!!! I am officially fired at this blogging stuff LOL. It has been about 6 months since my last post and so much has happened.
First of all David finished Summer Semester with a 3.8 GPA and Fall Semester with a 3.7 GPA. I am so proud of him. He has come so far in the past year and a half. In November he had the opportunity to travel to New Zealand with one of his professors to present a paper that he and some of his fellow students ha written at the Australian New Zealnd Law and History Conference. Their paper was “Law & Justice in Indigenous Conflict Resolution Methods in the Pacific: A comparative analysis of Conflict Resolution Methods in Hawaii, Samoa and Aotearoa”. He was able to spend a whole week in New Zealand attending this conference and checking out the University of Otago. Yes that's right folks... We are going to grad school, or at least he is and I'm going along for the ride. LOL.. But he thoroughly enjoyed himself. Here's some pictures of his trip.
 |
| Michael Ligaliga's (David's Professor) family made the ultimate breakfast for them for their arrival to New Zealand. |
 |
| In front of the Richardson Law building where they presented their paper. |
 |
| David walking up the steepest street in the world. (Okay so he walked the last bit and got a ride up the rest of the way LOL) |
 |
| David at the top of the steepest street in the world. |
 |
| David and his classmates with the 2 women that run the Pacific Islander office at University of Otago. |
 |
| Possibility that we might go here this year. |
 |
When they arrived in New Zealand
|
Other than that, life has been mostly about school and work for David. And it all paid off in December when David graduated from the International Peace Building Program here. He was honored with a certificate and a green stone(jade) necklace carved especially for the peace building students. The funny thing was that true to his style, David didn't even know he was getting honored that night, so that's why he is in basketball shorts and a t-shirt. The same thing happened when he recieved his mediation certificate. At least I found out early enough to be there this time. LOL
 |
| David with 2 of his professors and 3 fellow classmates that graduated from the International Peace Building Program. |

Now I know it seems like David's been having all the fun, but I got my fair share as well. Since David went to New Zealand during the week of Thanksgiving, my family took pity on me and flew me home for the week. It was so nice to go home, even though I was freezing. LOL. The kids have grown up so much and I didn't realize how much I missed them. It was nice to be home and enjoy time with no stress and no work. It was a much needed vacation. I even got to see my brother Cole's new house. We are truly blessed and I am constantly reminded of that everytime I look at the wonderful family that I have. On mu flight home I had a hour layover in Seattle. I stayed in the airport, but I was still freezing. LOL. I had a beautiful welcome home banner when I got home, and enjoyed learning how to make pies from my mom for Thanksgiving. It was good practice for Christmas. I even got to help decorate the house for Christmas, which was nice, because we didn't get a chance to go home this year. Here are some pictures from my trip.
 |
| Ready to go home |
Chritsmas day was filled with food, food, and more food. We were able to have Christmas dinner with the Fijian families here in TVA and some of the Hale kids. There was so much food, but better than that there was great company. There are currently about 8 Fijian Families here in TVA. It's like we have our own little island here. We were all able to get together for Christmas and New Years. It's always nice to feel like you have your own family here in the middle of the ocean so far away from home.
We have certainly been blessed in this past year. We have great friends, a roof over our heads, wonderful supportive families, jobs, and the opportunity to recieve a higher education. We look forward to 2014 and all it holds for us; David's graduation in April, grad school, new adventures. Thank you to all those who make our lives so wonderful and full of love. You are all in our hearts and in our prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment